<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Morgan Freeman </div></div>
co-sign
I would give it to Depp. What about Billy Bob Thorton?
crack is whack
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Morgan Freeman </div></div>
co-sign
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Matt Damon or Matthew McConaughey for semi-young actors
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Damon in the Bourne series was great. Thought he did a great job in Oceans 11 as well.
I love anything Steve Carell is in, he is hilarious
Also I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a great actor, loved him in "The Rundown", "Walking Tall", and "Gridiron Gang"...he was really a big surprise to me when I first saw his movie
Im with beast. Nobody takes over a role and truly personifies it like Depp.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Will smith can take any role u give him too.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre
Most of Smiths roles have been pretty similar IMO. Not a great amount of depth to his movie roles. Dicaprio will be mentioned in the greats when its all said and done. He has been very selective in his roles, and only picked very good parts which helps his status in the long run.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bill Simmons (The Sports Guy) says the same thing about Denzel. That every movie he is in, he plays Denzel.
DeNiro would be even thought of better if he was a bit better in picking his roles. I think sometimes if they offer him $20 he'll do the movie (someone mentioned the Murphy movie, thats a classic compared to his turn as Fearless Leader in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle).
It's hard to think of a younger generation, because most of the time it takes them years to get enough of a resume to be considered good, and by that time, they aren't young.
Did someone actually say McConaughey? He actually started good but has went backwards from almost the beginning. Damon is a good choice, he's pretty diverse (never would have thought I'd have took him for a bad arse). I think DeCaprio probably is better but he takes few roles.
I guess the top 5-10 for me are, and not in order are
DeNiro
DeCaprio
Chrisian Bale
Tom Hanks
Will Smith
Denzel
Clooney
Costner (although normally only in sports movies *lol*)
Mel Gibson (when not gone crazy)
Depp
There are some other decent actors. Pacino, Tavolta (now and then), Cruise (when he wanted to and not so much is later stuff), Bruce Willis (more than you realize), Clive Owens will be, Matt Damon (probably should be in the top 10 actually), Nicholas Cage (again hit or miss due to material), Affleck is better than people think, Samuel L when he's not trying to be Samuel L, and Robin Williams (who has done more decent stuff than people even think about).
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Bookmarks